The winners of the Unz Historical Research Competition will be selected by:
- Andrew J. Bacevich is a professor of international relations at Boston University, and a former colonel in the U.S. Army. A West Point graduate, he is the author of five books and hundreds of articles and opinion pieces, and is a former director of the BU Center for International Relations.
- Razib Khan is a graduate student in the biological sciences and a prominent science blogger at Discover Magazine.
- Michael Lind is Policy Director of the Economic Growth Program at the New America Foundation in Washington, D.C., Editor of New American Contract, and a columnist for Salon Magazine. He is the author of fourteen books and hundreds of articles and opinion pieces, and has served as an editor or staff writer at The New Yorker, Harper’s Magazine, The New Republic, and The National Interest.
- Paul E. Gottfried is Horace Raffensperger Professor of Humanities at Elizabethtown College in Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania, and the author of ten books and numerous scholarly and general articles in the areas of intellectual and ideological history.
- Ron Unz is a theoretical physicist by original training, and the founder of UNZ.org. He also serves as publisher of The American Conservative, was chairman of English for the Children, and has published numerous articles and opinion pieces on various subjects.
- Thomas E. Woods, Jr., Ph.D. is a Harvard and Columbia trained historian, economist, and political analyst, and a New York Times best-selling author. A senior fellow of the Ludwig von Mises Institute, he has published eleven books and hundreds of articles and opinion pieces and is among America’s most prominent libertarian-conservative scholars.